Then PLEASE read this section carefully!
Cyberstalking encompasses anything that’s unwanted.
Obsessive texting, inappropriate texting, and continuing to text someone after they’ve made it clear they don’t want to be contacted are all considered cyberstalking.
Do not communicate with someone who has made you uncomfortable or afraid.
Your instinct may be to “block” the texter – but in fact experts in the field say this is exactly what you shouldn’t do.
If you block a texter, they may escalate and try to contact you in person. So here is what you should do if you get a “text stalker:”
1. Avoid talking to your stalker unless absolutely necessary.
2. State your desire to avoid them clearly and without qualification.
3. Warn the offender clearly of consequences. Tell the stalker in as few words as possible that they are not to contact you.
4. Ignore all further interactions.
5. Call authorities immediately if you feel like you are in danger. If you’ve been threatened or feel threatened, or if the texts continue, do not wait to act.
6. Keep a record of any and all texts.